Tuesday 7 April 2020

Weekly Assignments

Primary students learning online require guidance and support from an adult. I want to reassure our families that I realize not all parents are available throughout the day. In speaking with each of you, I am aware that everyone's situation varies. The intent of the Hub course is not to overwhelm or cause anxiety. No student will be penalized for the length it takes to complete assignments. Therefore, you will notice I have not included due dates. Please work through assignments at your own pace. I will continue to add lessons and content.

Moving forward I realize not all families have access to a printer. I have had a variety of ways that the fraction worksheets/friendly letter/ and fairy tale elements have been handed in. Some children with older siblings or parents that are familiar with Google Docs have sent in assignments that way. Others have taken photos to submit. Another way was for a parent to type their child's friendly letter exactly as seen (no corrections were made) and then submitted. Let's get creative!

Be sure to have your child reading at least 15 minutes every day! Places to get books: from home, the Epic! account, the Greenleaf Virtual library, or Tumblebooks in the Hub to name a few. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.